We have moved!

Dear Visitor,
We have a new site for Prison Watch Network where you can find all the postings from this and from our other blogs!

We are moving our posts from this place to our new home on Wordpress at:

Prisonwatchnetwork.org

(same URL we had for this site).

Please feel welcome at our new site.

July 29, 2015

Friday, March 30, 2012

Behind Bars

This was posted on the blog of our friends and comrades in the struggle, Humanity for Prisoners, a well-respected organization in Michigan, headed by Doug Tjapkes, who has tirelessly worked to make life better for those in prison and their families and loved ones:

Behind Bars, on Humanity for Prisoners website:
March 30, 2012

Think it's a jungle out there, where your struggling each day? Consider what it's like behind bars.
...while coming out of my cell for a shower, me and an officer I had words with a couple days prior, said "Today is your day, MF," trying to get a response out of me, but I didn't pay any mind to what he meant until I started washing up. As I was turning around I seen five prisoners advancing toward me, and one had a knife on, but I didn't think nothing of it and continued shaving until I got stabbed in my back. I turned around and a prisoner stabbed me again in the arm and stomach. I grabbed him and we struggled for the knife...he dropped it and they all ran. I got some clothes on and tried to make it to my room. I fell in front of my cell. Officers came up there smiling, and asked what happened. I told him my neighbor stabbed me. The officer told me to put pressure on it, and called for some medical help. I went to the hospital, and they had tubes in me. When I returned, the staff accused me of assaulting them so I was put in the hole.

This is daily routine. No surprise to anyone behind bars.

Followers