Please spread far and wide to the folks you know on the inside, or if you already have on hand writings that fit the guidelines, please submit them!
As always, we are looking for more organizations and more individuals to be part of the PAN publishing collective. If you are interested in getting involved, let us know!
Please send your updates to arrive before June 1, 2010 to:
PAN c/o Boston ABC, PO Box 230182, Boston, MA 02123
Click 'Read More' to view guidelines
1. An update must not exceed 500 words.
2. No submissions with racist, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise oppressive language.
3. An update may be a report on resistance activities of individual
prisoners or prison groups (this can include, but is not limited to,
radical book groups, hunger strike, general strike, letter writing
4. PAN is accepting artwork for upcoming issues, so send us your designs!
5. A report should not be a political essay or a report on prison
conditions, rather the response and resistance to these conditions
6. One submission per group, per prison, per newsletter
7. We will not report on gang activity.
8. We accept bilingual entries (where one language is English), as well as entries in Spanish!
Entries may be written by prison groups and organizations, or individuals, and may be submitted for publication with the name and contact information of the writer, or anonymously, to protect their identity.
Please note that we retain the right as editors to alter submissions for grammatical and content-related issues.